Saturday, June 5, 2010

.is the doctor in?.

Well, this week started out great by celebrating Memorial Day with a cookout with old small group friends and a great day hanging out as a family. However on Tuesday HattieJo started acting sick while she was at Mrs. Susans..she had a low temp. but by the time we got home that afternoon it was up to 103.1...YIKES! I was so nervous... We gave her tylenol, cool bath, etc. She wasn't interested in eating and was not acting herself. That night I slept on the floor by her bed and Andrew and I woke up every hour to check her temp. Luckily the next day she was scheduled for her 9mth appointment so we went in for that and found out that she had this:
Guess what these pictures stand for....

thats right.. Hand, Foot, and Mouth... I have NO IDEA how she got it, but the dr. said she had blisters on the back of her throat, so no wonder she wasn't eating. Her temperature was down around 100 on Wednesday and Thursday it had gone down to 98.9..WHEW! On Friday she was back to the fun, crazy, on the go HattieJo! We are so thankful that the Lord gave her a speedy recovery from that yucky viral infection. It was so pitiful. My mom and dad always said it was hard to see us sick and now I understand! Here are her 9month stats:
Height: 29.25 in (95%)
Weight: 21.2 lbs (85%)
Head: 47cm (95%)
The dr. said that she looked great!

1 comment:

  1. Poor thing! My kids never had H,F, and M but I've known several from church who've had it- Yuck!!! But so glad she is back to normal and is such a healthy little girl!

    ReplyDelete