Tuesday, October 4, 2011

.pioneer woman.

Ok, so I enjoy cooking... really i do! My husband loves to eat, so it works out nicely. However, he is one who finds what he likes and thats all he cares about eating... so lately i feel like i have been in a rut with my cooking... last week i decided i would venture out. a lot of the girls at church are all the time talking about the Pioneer Woman, so i got on her site and got a recipe for "Apple Porkchops with Bacon and Cheese Grits."..... YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Side note: this lady makes her grits from the homemade stuff, but i cheated and used instant grits, cooked my turkey bacon (not the real stuff) in the microwave instead of frying it, and didn't use as much butter for browning the pork chops.. but it turned out DELICIOUS! It was way more time consuming than the dishes i usually make, but it was a nice change. Thank you Pioneer Woman, i am hoping to try some more of her dishes soon.
Here's a little pic of the final product.. yeah probably should of had a different veggie to add some color to the plate, but i had corn that needed to be cooked!

3 comments:

  1. Love her! I made her chocolate sheet cake last week. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Yes, Pioneer Woman makes some awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried her favorite meatloaf recipe tonight. it said prep time of 15 min -- it took me 45. it said cook time of 60 min -- I baked it for and hour and a half and it still wasn't as done as it needed to be and didn't get crispy. I'm apparently not pioneer woman material :)

    ReplyDelete