Monday, October 17, 2011

.camping.

While Andrew was in SouthEast Asia for 2 weeks, I loaded up the kiddos and we headed to spend a week in SC with my family. I was pretty nervous about driving down (4 1/2 hours) by myself with the kids, but it was a breeze! The kids did A.MAZING! We found a super nice McDonalds and hung out there for an hour to break up our trip and let HJ play. We arrived at my parents house on Monday afternoon and spent several days there then went with them camping from Thursday through Sunday. It was so much fun! I haven't been camping in FOREVER. (I grew up camping at least 1x a month!)It was so nice to be away from everything and just enjoy God's beautiful creation! Now this isn't your camping in a tent camping.. I like to refer to my parents camper as a "house on wheels".. I was able to bathe the kiddos each night in the camper. We did lots of playing in the sand, swinging, sliding, riding the tricycle, taking walks and rides in the stroller, picking up "shells", painting, resting, and relaxing! My parents said that prior to me even being married they used to talk about how one day they hoped that they would be able to take their grandkids camping, so that was pretty special that they have now done that.

1 comment: