Friday, July 2, 2010

.South Carolina part1.


On Sunday morning, HattieJo and I headed south to spend some time with my family while Andrew was in Florida. I was quite nervous about the drive, but HattieJo did so well! She was a great travel buddy! We arrived in time to sit down to a delicious Sunday lunch with my family. It was fabulous, as it always is when mom cooks! HattieJo even enjoyed some butter beans, rolls, and cantelope. Her new favorite thing is to walk around holding your hands. She likes to dive out of your arms to the ground to let you know that she wants to walk, so she got to right when we arrived!
After lunch HattieJo got to play with some new toys that my parents had bought for her. One being a hat and garden tool set that my mom got her so that she could tend to the flowers in the mornings with my mom while we were there. Among the toys that she played with were some of the toys that my mom had saved from when I was a child! CRAZY! (She likes to save things!) Seeing how much she liked to walk, my mom asked my dad to get up in their attic to get the train that I had when I was a little girl and HattieJo LOVED it. She probably went up and down the hallway 100 times in the time we were there!Then we decided to enjoy the nice warm weather and take a swim in Aunt Bec's redneck pool! So my mom insisted that we try on my bathing suit from when I was 10mths old(I told you she saves EVERYTHING), so we did.. It was size24mths and it fit HattieJo! She is chunky like I was at that age! She thoroughly enjoyed splashing around in pool and playing with Belle, my parents dog too.After some fun in the pool it was time to get a bath, rest, and then go to Sunday night church with my parents. This is the church that I grew up in and got married in. So it was special to go back to so that everyone could meet HattieJo. She was such a ham smiling and laughing at everyone.Then we came home to enjoy some delicious pizza from Real Pizza! Then we got some shut eye before the next big day began.. Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

  1. Anna, you are looking so tan! So glad that you had fun in SC with your family. And how cool that not only does your mom save everything, but she knows where to find it!!!

    ReplyDelete