Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"YAY it's Gigi day!!"

YAY.....IT'S GIGI DAY!!!!
(Guest blogger: Gigi a/k/a Penny Hopper)

We were so excited to have a long week-end to visit HattieJo (and her mommy and daddy) over President's Day week-end. Anna had to work that day so I was blessed to have the opportunity to keep my precious granddaughter and have my first Gigi Day with her.

We began our day with some early morning exercises on the play mat. HJ kicked her legs and lifted her head up off the floor (little ab work!). I could eat those chunky legs up in those sporty leg warmers.
After her work-out it was time for a relaxing bath. What a joy to watch that baby splash her feet under the running bath water. She giggled and smiled the whole time! Then I gave her a baby lotion massage and wrapped her in her towel for some snuggle Gigi time.
After bath the little darling was so tired. She sucks her left thumb and rubs her hair with her right hand. That is HJ talk for time to hit the sack. Look at this angel stretched out in her crib.
Mommy came home at lunch time (and daddy and poppa too). HJ was so glad to see everyone. When mommy went back to school and the boys cleared out it was time for us to cook dinner. Daddy had a meeting at church and mommy would be tired from her day at work so we volunteered for chow duty. Here is HJ stirring up some mac and cheese. What a big girl sitting in her high chair!
I heard that HJ helps Ms. Susan with laundry so we decided to help mommy and do HattieJo's laundry. What a big helper!
BUT the best part of Gigi Day is the love and kisses HattieJo gave me at the end of the day! PRECIOUS!!!

Things I learned about HJ on Gigi Day: She is a very happy baby; she is easy going; she loves to be naked as a jay bird; she loves to stretch out in her crib; she has parents that love her very much and are doing a GREAT job nuturing her and caring for her.

Thank you Andrew and Anna for giving me this wonderful day. I am looking forward to many more Gigi Days to come.

I LOVE YOU HATTIEJO!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! And what a great Gigi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing, Courtney! What a wonderful post by a great Gigi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious!!!! We need to have a 'chelle day....but I don't do laundry and I am whiz at ordering out for dinner!!!!!

    HattieJo is getting so big. And BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete