Tuesday, April 12, 2011

.sneak peek.

So when I began to look for bedding for baby boy's nursery, I quickly realized that there are NO cute boy bedding sets, so I decided I would have to create my own! So one Sunday, my dear friend, Rebekah and I met at JoAnn's fabric and went to searching...Rebekah is WONDERFUL at sewing! She is the one who made HattieJo's birthday dress with a matching baby doll, so I asked her to make all the bedding essentials for baby boy. She got right on the bumper pads(print on one side and dark gray on the other) and crib skirt, which turned out WONDERFUL, I can't wait to get his crib and set it up. Then on Sunday she and a couple other of my friends came over for lunch and we all worked together and made the valance and a coordinating pillowcase for the bed that is going to be in the nursery/extra bedroom! Now Rebekah is making 2 throw pillows for his nursery as well (I will post pictures of those when she finishes). So if you need something Rebekah is the girl to use! The money that she makes from her sewing projects goes to help bring their baby home from Ethiopia. You can check out their website here. She even has an etsy store that you can buy things from! The dresser was given to me from a parent at my school and my dad painted it and put on new hardware! The bookcase was one that we already had that my dad painted the dark gray as well! So it is all starting to come together, once it's all finished I will do another post of the finished product... getting so excited for baby boy's arrival!!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it come together!!!! Hurry crib! Love you friend, thanks for letting me be a part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of it! Great job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! It is going to be an adorable nursery! Can't wait to see the final touches!!!

    ReplyDelete