Tuesday, August 14, 2012

:leaving on a jet plane:

..back in the spring i got an wild idea for me and the kids to fly down to Florida at the end of the summer to visit Andrew's family... so I booked tickets for us... yeah just me and the kiddos.. ALONE! YIKES!!! I was nervous about it, but it couldn't have worked out more perfectly. They were amazing little travelers, we had a great time with all our family down in Florida and we got back safe and sound to daddy the day before my birthday. I was so thankful for the time that we had down there.
 On Wednesday we loaded up with the big boys and Ryan and headed to Grandpap's house for a swim in his pool, lunch on the porch, and a visit with Grandpap. We had no idea that this would be our last visit with Grandpap. He went home to be with Jesus on the Sunday after we left. I am so thankful that the kids and I were able to see him, give him smooches, love on him, and he even gave HJ some chocolate. He was doing so well when we saw him. I am thankful that he had a relationship with Christ and is perfect and whole worshipping in heaven now. We will miss him dearly though.
AP loves digging in Gigi's plants!
Poppa's horse "Jacks man"

 Then on Wednesday afternoon the kids and I headed to St. Augustine for a night on the beach in a GORGEOUS hotel with Gigi and Poppa. We got down there in time to go on the beach as the moon was coming up...it was awesome! The kids were running wild. To hear their sweet laughter brought tears to my eyes. I wish I could bottle that up. Man, I am thankful for them! Then we watched the Olympics and HJ demonstrated some gymnastics moves for us... she managed the flips with poppas help.
On Thursday we had breakfast by room service then headed to the beach by 8... us and all the old people who get up at the crack of dawn! The Collins5 came down for the day to join us! It was a BLAST! The kids played so well together.
After a full morning on the beach we headed for a late lunch and back home to rest before dinner at a KanKi for my birthday.










On Friday morning we had to head home. I am so glad that I braved traveling alone with the kiddos for such a special trip with our family down there. ..
.headed back to NC.
LOVE LOVE these little man's sweet smile!
my little beach bums

1 comment: