Friday, December 18, 2009

.Christmas Traditions.

One of the many Christmas traditions that both Andrew and my family had, was that our parents gave us a Christmas ornament each year growing up. With Andrew, his parents gave him an ornament that represented something about that year; when he started driving he got a car one, the year he killed a hog (yeah, he is a real man!) he got a hog ornament, etc. With my family, the ornaments that I received were from places that my parents had visited that year or places we had gone as a family. So when Andrew and I got married, our first Christmas tree was looking good thanks to all our ornaments! We were so thankful for them. Its neat each year to take them out and think back to all the good childhood memories that the ornaments represent! So this is a tradition that we are going to start with HattieJo. So here is a picture of Andrew's, mine, and HattieJo's first Christmas ornaments.... HattieJo also got a sock monkey in a stocking ornament from her grandma and grandpa which is perfect since we have been taking her picture each month by the sock monkey!

3 comments:

  1. We are doing this too, but I am super slack. Our boys first ornaments are supposed to have their picture in it, still gotta do that and then get Zeke's for this year. YIKES! I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete